Tuesday 21 August 2018
6pm @ Murchison Neighbourhood House
Attending: Shelley Mc Cormick, Rhonda Chrisanthou, Megan Hill, Josh Lee,
Apologies: Jenny Lister, Des Whitfield, Rebecca Hutchinson-White, Frank Mattea, Damian Hutchins, Natasha Boyle.
Core Business Arising:
- Youth SPOT
The concrete block seats have not been painted yet but colours have been selected.
Actions: Activation of space event.
The football and netball club will help promote local participation. Dates to be confirmed but looking at early October, Sunday 14 at 2pm. Shelley will consult with teens before organizing catering.
- Recreation Reserve Master Plan
Tony Trantner from Council has sent out a survey to local stakeholders regarding the masterplan. They include members from the football, netball, fishing (Toolamba Fishing Club), bowls, tennis clubs, Everfit (Louise Morris), cricket and Recreation Reserve Committee. Aims to identity who uses the recreation reserve and stakeholders, including volunteers, sponsors.
3.1 Rail Trail Stage 1
Issues have arisen regarding weed control particularly burrs causing punctures for riders.
Action: Note on website and in 3610 that people can report issues on the Council website or an app called Snap, Send, Solve to report incidents or problems.
3.2 The need for seating along the trail has also arisen.
Action: Look for funding opportunities or support from Council.
3.3 Concerns over weed control have again arisen.
Actions: Possibly consider best option is to write a letter to Council but Josh will in the meantime will clarify weed control problem and maintenance issues with Heath Chasemore. Josh to investigate weed and pest control programs offered by Council.
Iconic Town Entrances
Megan Hill advised that landscape designers have been working on a concept plan. Council have asked to look at the plan and its viability before community meeting. If it’s over $10,000 it will have to go into capital bids. If it’s in the operational stream it is achievable within the next year or so.
Please note: Council will not commit to a ‘staging plan’.
Action: Josh will contact the landscape designers re: date for presentation.
5.1 Small Town Trails Initiative
Cycling Strategy is yet to be updated. It currently sits with Planning Department and is looking to identify new projects. Megan to look it over for what is missing and what’s needed and then contact Charlene Putman at Council. Will also summarize key points that relate to the lower Goulburn Valley trails.
Heathcote Rail Trail to Rushworth. Shaun Stacey, project officer community spaces at Campaspe Shire has said that riding or rail trails are a priority for Loddon and Mallee Shires. Another opportunity is to link Murchison Rail Trail to Tallarook Trails through Nagambie, along the west bank of the Goulburn River.
6.1 Pick My Project
Action: Rhonda to attend community meetings at Tatura, Toolamba and visit local hubs to help promote the Aboriginal Art Trail for Pick My Project. Voting closes on Monday September 17. Posters and information is being distributed around town and to others in both Toolamba and Tatura.
7.1 Murchison Business Event
Next event is planned for Wednesday 29 August with Carrie Donaldson.
Flyers have been distributed for 6pm at the Community Centre. RSVP required. eventsRSVP@shepparton.vic.gov.au or Sarah Hardwick 5832 9847
8.1 What is happening in your town?
Annual review of priorities. Look at what’s still relevant and new things that might have popped up. Needs to be complete by the end of October. A date has been set for this event on Wednesday October 24 at 7pm at the Football/ Netball Clubrooms. Shelley to confirm by the next meeting.
This also might be an opportunity to invite other community members?
Action: Josh will seek clarification when capital bids need to be in.
Next Meeting: Community House, 6pm, Tuesday 18 September, 2018