Murchison Community Plan Committee met on April 16 and welcomed Ronan Murphy Strategic Planner with Greater Shepparton City Council who gave an overview of the 2018 Townships Framework Plan and answered questions about the plan from those present. There was lengthy discussion that highlighted some questions in relation proposed areas for residential development and the services that would be needed to support an increase in population (even though this is outside the realms of this plan). Response to the Townships Framework Plan are due by April 27, 2018.
In business arising:
- Rail Trail – joint discussion with other Community Planning groups are proposed for May.
- Council Shed – Available to Lions Club for BBQ, Council for sprinkler system and MCP for Christmas decorations. No other use is permitted unless negotiated through Council. Key for MCP use is to be located at the Neighbourhood House.
- Murchison Business Event – 14 registered to attend
- Youth SPOT – consultation well attended, still interest in a skate park, access to power and wifi high on wish list
- Iconic town entrances – approval for concept plan looking positive
- Men’s Shed – an application for extension is being made by Neighbourhood House to the State Government. Letter of support from MCP approved
- Traffic works – lack of consultation with community and especially stakeholders about traffic modification noted.
- Riverbank – Josh asked to follow up change of watering cycle for Riverside Gardens due to prolonged dry spell
- Ash Trees on Riverbank – Rhonda to photograph areas affected and submit to Josh for Concil follow up as the land managers
- Rubbish – excess rubbish as the result of holidays noted, especially at Heritage Centre. Kay Ball meeting with Hillary Grigg from Council today, feedback to be sought
Town population signage held over to next meeting.
No new meeting date set