A line from Murchison East on the Shepparton railway was constructed to the gold mining town of Rushworth in 1890 and extended 1914 to Colbinabbin. Rushworth became a junction when a line was constructed to Girgarre. A diversion of the line was necessary when the Waranga Basin was constructed. The lines were all closed by 1987. Rail Trail opened 2015.
- Meteorite Park is dedicated to a meteorite that fell over Murchison on September 28, 1969.
- Stuart Murray Canal was constructed as the second stage of a government supported national irrigation scheme. The Canal carries water by gravity from the Goulburn Weir to Murchison and on to the Waranga Basin a distance of 38km.
- Cattanach Canal. Built in 1957 in response to the success of irrigated farming and increased demand for water. Like the Stuart Murray, the Cattanach carries water from Goulburn Weir for intermediate storage in Waranga Basin.
- Doctors Swamp: A 200 hectare red gum swamp near Murchison. The wetland is considered to be one of the most intact red gum swamps in Victoria and supports a diverse range of native wetland plants and provides important habitat for waterbirds.
- Channel Inlet Road. Future extension of the rail trail from this point to Harrimans Point is planned by Campaspe Shire subject to funding.